Commercial Real Estate Curriculum
- LEARNING OUTCOMESUnderstand and utilize commercial building leases and maximize the profitability of every transaction. Having a detailed knowledge of the jargon and contracts coupled with the proper documentation to complete a lease.
- MAJOR TOPICSDetailing the various sections of a standard commercial lease in detail. Understand how to utilize the various options to maximize the interest in each deal. Students will gain an in-depth knowledge of commercial leasing.
- LEARNING OUTCOMESKnowing how to apply and negotiate with lending institutions to create a lasting relationship while creating the greatest profitability for your deals. Understanding what each individual can do to legitimize each offer.
- MAJOR TOPICSLearning how to create a Book of Life which will enable you to approach lending institutions from a position of leverage which enables you to negotiate the best rate possible. Each student will walk through the entire process of commercial lending from both the customer and the lending institutions perspective.
- LEARNING OUTCOMESIdentifying how to competently and completely analyze commercial property; knowing which factors influence price and profitability. Gaining the tools necessary to assess geographical areas and knowing what the indicators of cost are.
- MAJOR TOPICSLearning how to leave emotion out of each transaction and how to maximize each deal using Appreciation, Amortization, Gross Rent Multiplier to determine what the net operation income is and how profitable each deal is. Cap Rate, Debt Coverage Ratio and Price/Expense per square foot will give each student the ability to successfully analyze commercial real estate.
- LEARNING OUTCOMESEach student will gain a comprehensive understanding of the commercial real estate lexicon and process of taking a deal from analysis to the closing table.
- MAJOR TOPICSEach student will gain an overview of every step of what denotes the value of commercial real estate as well as what each investor can do to maximize profit. Students will know the major steps of each commercial transaction and know what they can do to affect each. The relationship between building owners, tenants and financial institutions will be presented.
- LEARNING OUTCOMESBeing able to take a deal from initial analysis to the closing table. Understanding how to create and manage the Negotiation process and agreements. Understanding the effect of environmental issues and how to manage disclosures.
- MAJOR TOPICSStudents will walk through the entire purchasing cycle while gaining understanding of the contracts and research necessary to maximize the earning potential of commercial real estate.
- LEARNING OUTCOMESDemonstrate understanding of mortgage terminology. Identify requirements of processes associated with various types of loans. Understand the business aspect of the mortgage industry. Review the criteria of lending valuation systems.
- MAJOR TOPICSLearn about various mortgage products and sources. Gain an understanding of FICO scores and credit reports. Review underwriting guidelines and loan documentation.